[syslinux] New elflink branch in the mainline repository

Stefan Bucur stefan.bucur at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 01:13:33 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 3:30 AM, H. Peter Anvin<hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
> I have pulled in Stefan Bucur's updated elflink branch into the main
> Syslinux repository as the "elflink" branch, and fixed a couple of minor
> issues.  Note in particular that I have *not* run Nindent over the
> sources... I will leave that to Stefan and Klaus unless there is a
> compelling reason to.

hpa, where do I get Nindent? I Googled for it but with no luck. Also,
I noticed that each file is commited independently in the git
repository, therefore you must have used an automation script to do
that. Do you have it available, so I wouldn't need to write another
one?

> Please note the following, however:
>
> int foo();
>
> ... in C doesn't mean a function with no parameters.  That is written:
>
> int foo(void);
>
> In C, "int foo();" means the same as "int foo(...);".  This differs from
> C++.

Oops, I apologize for that. The irony is that I teach this to my
students every year, but it seems that my Java habits can take
precedence from time to time... Is there any way I could get a warning
from the compiler when it encounters this situation?

Stefan