[syslinux] Question regarding PXELINUX

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Fri Jul 10 11:11:42 PDT 2009

Tim R wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a quick question regarding PXELINUX that I can't seem to resolve.
> I'd like all PXE clients to boot the "default" config, without having to
> wait for it to try the various mac address and ip configs.  Is this at all

It sure is possible, by modifying the source code and removing the part
where it tries various config files.

> possible?  It takes a good 15 minutes for it to cycle through and timeout
> before it gets to the default.

But in your case better choice is to fix your network and/or tftp server.
Here it takes fraction of a second to try ~10 non-existing config files,
and later to process several includes from default config.  Anything more
than that is anomaly - at least, if it takes >1sec.

/mjt