[syslinux] ifmem.c32

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Fri Jul 10 15:27:26 PDT 2009

Op 10-7-2009 11:18, pascal.bellard at slitaz.org schreef:
> This module can be used to select the files to boot according to the
> memory size:
> http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/raw-file/d5f670b08670/syslinux/stuff/extra/ifmem.c
>
> Usage:
>    kernel ifmem.c32
>    append SizeInKB LabelLarge [SizeInKB LabelMedium]... LabelTiny

Great, I can see potential for this for my FreeDOS stuff. Is it able to
handle memory above 4GB?
[ append 50000000 fd5GB 4000 fd4MB ]
> Slitaz webboot (http://boot.slitaz.org/) uses it in the main configuration
> files: http://mirror.slitaz.org/pxe/pxelinux.cfg/default

Nice to see a LiveGPXE/HTTP distribution. As my hardware router only has
DHCP, not PXE, I assume you got some GPXE script embedded to contact a
PXE server over the internet? Pity Rom-O-Matic has no section yet (to my
knowledge) to insert a script, instead requiring to install Linux and
compile from sources. Seems it's like a working example of what HPA was
planning for "boot.kernel.org" :)

Bernd