[syslinux] Gfxboot COMBOOT module vs Ubuntu patches

Steffen Winterfeldt wfeldt at suse.de
Mon Jul 13 03:05:39 PDT 2009

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Pierre-Alexandre Meyer wrote:

> Good afternoon Sebastian,
>
>  I am working on upgrading the Ubuntu Syslinux package.
> It is currently not in sync with the Debian version, partially because
> of merge conflicts with the Gfxboot patches.
>
> Cf:
>
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/syslinux/+bug/270822
>   https://merges.ubuntu.com/s/syslinux/REPORT
>
> I was wondering where your Gfxboot version comes from. I know both Suse and
> Ubuntu have patches, not sure how they relate to your module though.

I will no longer maintain the original patch set against syslinux. So 3.63
will be the last version as far as I'm concerned.

Instead, use Sebastians gfxboot COM module.

I'm currently looking into adding the missing functions. Which will
probably end into a patch adding 3 comboot api calls: chdir [done], mount
(for media changes) [done], and setting some callback function to get a
progress bar [wip].

Steffen