[syslinux] mboot.c32, NUMA and tgz

Hansen, Timbonicus timbonicus.hansen at hp.com
Tue Jul 21 12:57:56 PDT 2009

Sounds reasonable -- what do you mean by replacing the core? What elements are required besides the mboot.c32? I must admit little knowledge of syslinux, but I got the impression that VMware is not using much of the package. Here are the files present that successfully get an install going:

boot.cat
cim.vgz
cimstg.tgz
ienviron.tgz
image.tgz
install.tgz
isolinux.bin
isolinux.cfg
mboot.c32
menu.c32
readme.txt
sys.vgz
vmkboot.gz
vmkernel.gz

What parts are from syslinux that I would need to replace in order to upgrade the mboot.c32? Or is impossible to tell without decompressing and examining the files?

Thanks,

Tim Hansen
timbonicus.hansen at hp.com