[syslinux] mboot.c32, NUMA and tgz

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Jul 21 13:58:16 PDT 2009

Gene Cumm wrote:

> In ESXi 4.0, it is still (unfortunately) experimental.  See
> http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsp_4_pxe_boot_esxi.pdf for information.
> This may be a less-known and almost private PDF as searching in
> Google for a link shows only a link from vsphere-land.com.
>
> One can only hope they find a nice solution soon as this would be a
> nice feature.  All it should need (down the road; don't know if
> they're doing this) are the boot files and either to know where the
> vCenter server is for configuration or a small config file.

A note on this PDF:

The clause:

label ESXi
menu label Boot VMware ESXi
kernel mboot.c32
"append vmkboot.gz --- vmk.gz --- sys.vgz --- cim.vgz --- oem.tgz ---
license.tgz ipappend 2"

Obviously needs to be:

label ESXi
menu label Boot VMware ESXi
kernel mboot.c32
append vmkboot.gz --- vmk.gz --- sys.vgz --- cim.vgz --- oem.tgz ---
license.tgz
ipappend 2

[where license.tgz is at the end of the "append" line... f*cking
Thunderbird editor doesn't let one override a linewrap.]