[syslinux] Web Forum for SysLinux

Kim Mik kimmik999999 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 30 02:51:15 PDT 2009

The Syslinux Project subforum at boot-land.net:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showforum=92

I am currently moderating this subforum.

>- I think that Boot-Land contributors of HowTos and support are a great
>benefit for Syslinux users.
>- I think that a link from the official Syslinux web site to the
>Boot-Land forum could also benefit users, perhaps with a note that the
>forums are not necessarily frequented by Syslinux developers (it would
>be just another time-grab for you if you had yet another place to check
>every day).

I agree.

>- I would be happy to check it out every time I check in to the forums
>and see what's happening.

If you want, ask Nuno to make you a moderator too.

>- I think that a Syslinux Boot-Land forum should also have a pinned
>article which links to the Syslinux official web site, as well as
>mention of the official mailing-list for development, discussion and
>support.

I made pinned topic with general info about Syslinux (not complete yet, but a good start):
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8545

> - I would leave out any words specifically meaning "official", since I
> think such might be misleading to folks expecting authoritative
> information.  While Nuno and other Boot-Land moderators and members do a
> good job of managing the forums, they're really not directly involved
> with Syslinux development, to my knowledge.

It is an 'unofficial' forum. It doesn't matter if it is an unofficial forum. If it gives enough info about
how to use Syslinux or where to find that info, it seems that that the goal is reached.
I am enough on the Syslinux IRC channel, to let hpa and others know about interesting topics on
the boot-land forums about Syslinux like feature requests or problems with Syslinux.
If you read the Syslinux subforum also, it would be great.

An interesting topic:
MEMDISK floppy emulation does work from CD, but not from USB on some PCs.
Grub4dos floppy emulation does work from CD and USB on these PCs.
So I guess that MEMDISK can be improved.

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8543

> - I think I should work on completing MEMDISK-ISO and a Windows MEMDISK
driver for anxious Boot-Land members. ;)

Definetely. Especially MEMDISK-ISO is interesting for me.

Gert Hulselmans