[syslinux] Problem with memdisk togehter with unattended.sourceforge.net

reg at krautmann.net reg at krautmann.net
Thu Jul 30 05:19:35 PDT 2009

Hi Community,

I have a serious Problem with memdisk.

My configuration is the following:

I use eisfair as server (www.eisfair.org) and unattended 4.8 (even
tried 4.7) of

http://unattended.sourceforge.net with PXELINUX 3.71

My aim is to build a PXE-Server, and this is not the first time I do
this. I already did this three times successfully.

But now I have the following Problem.

When my clients are booting I can choose the bootimage (undis3c.imz
which supports all of my clients in the past) and then the following
messages are coming:

Then the system stops and nothing happens.

I read already a post on the mailing list with the same problem and
tried different versions of memdisk, but I have only two results.

1. The same like already described
2. The system makes a restart and everything happens in a endless loop

My DHCPD.conf regarding the PXE part:

DHCPD_PXE_3_NAME      = Comp
DHCPD_PXE_3_ACTIVE    = yes
DHCPD_PXE_3_KERNEL    = unattended/memdisk
DHCPD_PXE_3_INITRD    = unattended/undis3c.imz
DHCPD_PXE_3_ROOT      =
DHCPD_PXE_3_APPEND    =

and inet.conf regarding the PXE part:

START_TFTPD      = yes
TFTPD_ADD_ARGS   =

I hope somebody could help me with this problem

Thanks for your help