[syslinux] Problem with memdisk togehter with unattended.sourceforge.net

reg at krautmann.net reg at krautmann.net
Thu Jul 30 14:46:22 PDT 2009

Zitat von "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com>:

> On 07/30/2009 08:05 AM, Luciano Rocha wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 02:19:35PM +0200, reg at krautmann.net wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> When my clients are booting I can choose the bootimage (undis3c.imz
>>> which supports all of my clients in the past) and then the following
>>> messages are coming:

>> Try adding the option raw to memdisk (DHCPD_PXE_3_APPEND, I guess).
>>
>> I have an usb-stick where I have to use raw every time (syslinux 3.82).
>>

> Since he's loading an UNDI network image he also needs "keeppxe",
> presumably.
>
> 	-hpa

Thanks for your answers, I am not sure whether I did the changings
right, because in ISC-DHCPD 3 it is not longer possible to make
changes directly in the dhcpd.conf, so I use a frontend, and there I
added the following

DHCPD_PXE_3_NAME      = Comp
DHCPD_PXE_3_ACTIVE    = yes
DHCPD_PXE_3_KERNEL    = unattended/memdisk
DHCPD_PXE_3_INITRD    = unattended/undis3c.imz
DHCPD_PXE_3_ROOT      =
DHCPD_PXE_3_APPEND    = raw keeppxe

I am not sure, wheter I did this in the correct way, because I am
something like a little bit experienced newbie it would be nice if you
could copy my dhcp statements and change it to the correct way, that I
can see how I have to edit the file in the correct way....

When I try to boot with the raw and keeppxe statement like above i
have the same result as before....afer "ready" nothing happens.

Thanke you for your support