[syslinux] Web Forum for SysLinux

Miller, Shao Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Fri Jul 31 12:50:19 PDT 2009

Regarding web forums at Boot-Land versus this mailing list for
discussion of Syslinux and tftp-hpa:

The original request was not really a matter to vote about, as in, there
is zero consideration for removing the mailing list and switching to web
forums; there's no switch involved.  Nuno Brito hosts a popular web
forum site for discussion of booting computers and other crazy things.
He merely asked if his Syslinux-specific area could be an "official"
one.

While this mailing list and the Syslinux web site itself are official,
Nuno is quite right in that Syslinux' scope of audience is increased by
a sanctioned discussion forum at Boot-Land.

I personally don't think that an official web forum would belong
anywhere but the Syslinux web site, and it's not happening, so an
"unofficial" one hosted by Boot-Land, perhaps with links from the
official Syslinux web site, seems to be the next best thing.

There's really nothing to vote about, unless you're voting to request
that Nuno _not_ host a Syslinux forum, which would seem silly to me.
Maybe I'm wrong and this actually _is_ a vote to switch from mailing
list to web forum?  If so, I missed when it started, and I vote for both
without any switch, since it's not costing anything...

- Shao Miller