[syslinux] Web Forum for SysLinux

Matthew Holevinski eylusion at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 21:41:47 PDT 2009

	First off I was giving my two cents not an actual vote, my how this
got off topic real quick. Look if bootland has active and happy
discussion on their webforum that's fine. All I said was that I
personally well I've been hooked, I asked a question to the group out
of sheer desperation, and with my limited knowledge I would of needed
a manual to read the manual, but the readers of this mailing list
reached out to me and helped me solve a problem I was working on for
over 72 hours straight.
        Any normal person would of unsubscribed right then and never
read another message from the group as a whole. I have actively read
probably 85% of the postings sense then, although much of it is
gibberish to me. I feel it's the least I can do for the wonderful help
and support I got from you wonderful group of guys. Plus I do
thoroughly enjoy keeping up on the development it's a pretty amazing
process how you guys are able to go back and forth swap code and think
up new idea's whether it's how to get ibm thinkpads to boot memdisk
properly or working out a bug in the nightly build.

So I for one can say that i'm not forbidding anything, do as you so
choose over there in web-land. I'm not going to expend any more of my
day to day time browsing 40 different active discussions on numerous
websites talking about this or that. I hate the fluff, this mailing
list is to the point, technical, and helpful. Instead of asking the
syslinux developers to officially post on your forum, why don't you
just ask your users to search the archives like the rest of us.

Matt