[syslinux] blocksize and tsize at TFTP transfer

Philippe Auphelle pauphelle at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 01:14:26 PDT 2009

Geert,

> One has 'tsize' after  'blksize'
> Looking forward to the test results.

There you are.
The short story is that in both cases, our TFTP server accepted the
negotiation to 1408 bytes.
But the dialog didn't go much further, because in both cases, pxelinux
then closed the deal just after the OACK by sending back an ERROR
packet with error code 8 ("Option negotiation failed"), with the error
message set to "tsize option required".

You'll get tsize.zip with both captures at the following URL:
http://dl.free.fr/rOe6y3WvQ

So this confirm what I mentioned before about that our PXE/TFTP server:
1) the only option it support is blksize,
2) it is only able to negotiate blksize when blksize is the first
option in the options field, and if there are more options, it simply
ignores them.