[syslinux] NOESCAPE config option

Sebastian Herbszt herbszt at gmx.de
Tue Jun 2 11:23:32 PDT 2009

Михаил wrote:
> Hi!
> This option NOESCAPE 1
> in syslinux config file blocks exit to command line from menu (MENU QUIT).
> This tested on syslinux version 3.81 and 3.82-pre3.

Your config file got a DEFAULT and NOESCAPE entry (from syslinux.txt):

DEFAULT kernel options...
        Sets the default command line.  If Syslinux boots automatically,
        it will act just as if the entries after DEFAULT had been typed
        in at the "boot:" prompt.

NOESCAPE flag_val
        If flag_val is set to 1, ignore the Shift/Alt/Caps Lock/Scroll
        Lock escapes.  Use this (together with PROMPT 0) to force the
        default boot alternative.

So with "DEFAULT menu.c32" and "NOESCAPE 1" the simple menu system is left
and restarted again. I think both features work as designed.

- Sebastian