[syslinux] [Syslinux-GSoC]Successed in converting the cache code to C

liu Aleaxander aleaxander at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 22:39:07 PDT 2009

hi there,

The cache code of C version worked well(at least for extlinux, and this is
what I'm doing). you can go and check it on my git
web<http://git.zytor.com/?p=users/liu/gsoc09_liu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/extlinux>
.

Besides this, I got some new trouble:
the first is about git. When I cloned all the syslinux code from the
syslinux.git, then I'll do my work on it. And after adding some new stuff, I
should push it on my git web. So, there is the problem. I need do the
following to push my own work :
git remote rm origin       /* rm it first */
git remote add origin ssh://..../gsoc_liu.git
then I can push my stuff by
git push origin (branch)

After this (in fact, after the 'git rmote rm origin'), I can't update the
code by 'git pull' any more. While, in fact, the syslinux code is changed
every day, and in some case I have to update it. so how can I do it with git
push stuff to my git web while git pull stuff from syslinux git web
synchronously and easily?

the second is about printf. It doesn't work well in the formart string. I'll
debug it now but I don't think I can fix it.

After this I will change the load_config part to C, then testing it with
extlinux (Just change the load_config first, after that, I will try to merge
the EXT fs drive written for user space into core). so, this is the current
plan.

best wishes!

--
regards