[syslinux] blocksize and tsize at TFTP transfer

Philippe Auphelle pauphelle at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 23:20:31 PDT 2009

Geert,

> File http://www.stappers.nl/gpm/ff/pxelinux.0 is 3.82, so it handles TFTP
> servers which have extra NULs at the end of an OACK packet,
> but without asking for tsize option.
> Give it a try and report back,
> preferable with a PCAP (tcpdump/wireshark) file.

Little late, but here it is:

Bingo.
This works perfectly.
The blocksize negotiation dialog occurs and the transfers follow.

But of course then, we avoid the case when the reply to the RRQ is a
data packet, that seems to be a precondition of the freeze condition.

The trace file is there:
http://dl.free.fr/ptKo1Y3dz

It's neither PCAP, nor tcpdump (none of the previous ones has ever
been either), but Wireshark decodes it without a hitch.