[syslinux] USB bootable (using syslinux)

Miller, Shao Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Sun Jun 14 20:17:34 PDT 2009

Good day Agostinho,

You can find out some useful information about installing SYSLINUX in
the doc/ directory of the Syslinux package you downloaded.

If you can package your DOS stuff up into either a virtual floppy image
or a virtual HDD image, you can then use MEMDISK to boot it, once
SYSLINUX is installed on your pen drive.

chain.c32 is a COM32 module which is supposed to support booting DOS'
IO.SYS, and thus chaining to the DOS on the same partition that SYSLINUX
is installed on, but it doesn't seem to work for me at the moment.  If
might be worth a try reading the source code in com32/modules/chain.c,
as there is some info about chain.c32's usage in there.

The vesamenu.c32 COM32 program can allow you to use graphics (your
company logo); some instructions are available in doc/menu.txt, I
believe.

Give some of those a read, then some tries, then maybe you'll be lucky.
:)  Good luck.

- Shao Miller