[syslinux] Last character of the boot prompt gone missing ?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Jun 16 04:18:00 PDT 2009

Hi,

I think I found a problem with syslinux where if you have an entry in the
syslinux config file (eg. linux) and you type some additional parameters
on the boot-prompt (eg. noacpi) the last character of the prompt is cut
off (and missing from /proc/cmdline).

This does not seem to happen for the append line in the config file, only
for additional parameters on the boot prompt. (I guess it would have been
more obvious if it was)

Can someone verify if they see that same problem ?