[syslinux] PXEboot trouble with Soekris 4826

sritej s sritejv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:09:33 PDT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Geert Stappers <stappers at stappers.nl>wrote:

> Op 20090530 om 16:59 schreef H. Peter Anvin:
> > sritej s wrote:
> > >
> > > I am still having trouble with booting my soekris board.The client gets
> an
> > > IP address but I am still unable to ping it.Please follow this link to
> see
> > > the output of  tcpdump
> > >
> > > http://fserv.skill-club.com/get_965_4c97.html
>
> Hey, that contains a pcap file, cool!
>

> > Looks like it downloads pxelinux.0 successfully and then doesn't do
> > anything else.  From the dump it's impossible to know if it's dead in
> > the PXE stack or in pxelinux.0.  Does it print any messages to the
> screen?
>
> Things I want to known:
>
> * Which version of syslinux is being used?
>
> * Which older versions of syslinux have been used?
>

> Stappers

 Hi All,

I was able to solve my problem by just replacing the pxelinux.0 file .(I
downloaded it from metrix.net/support ).I couldn't figure out why the
earlier pxelinux.0 file was able to complete the boot process when it was
downloaded from a server(with Debian OS) but failed when it was loaded from
a server that had Fedora 4. .Syslinux version perhaps?

Fedora 4 has syslinux 3.08.

Thank you all for the help.

Regards,
Sritej