[syslinux] Problems booting Samsung NC20 netbook with pxelinux

Dirk Thierbach dthierbach at gmx.de
Wed Mar 11 03:40:20 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to a boot a Samsung NC20 netbook (VIA Nano CPU, VX800 chipset)
via pxelinux, using the files from the netboot.tar.gz Debian installer.

The last file tftp loads is vesamenu.c32, after that the notebook just
reboots. I can see no error message, and no menuscreen. I also haven't
used pxelinux before, so I even don't know what I am supposed to see :-)

Any idea what is wrong, or any advice how to find out what exactly is
causing the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,

- Dirk