[syslinux] Problems booting Samsung NC20 netbook with pxelinux

Dirk Thierbach dthierbach at gmx.de
Wed Mar 11 10:00:11 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 09:33:58AM -0400, Gene Cumm wrote:
> It could be that the NC20 doesn't like VESA (or how vesamenu.c32 uses
> it).

That seemed to be the problem. Disabling vesamenu.c32, adding vga=ask to
the kernel parameters and selecting a graphical mode allowed me to boot
the Debian installer image. With vga=normal, or without vga, the kernel
starts to boot, but runs quickly into the same problem.

Any other information you need that would be helpful for the developers
to find out why VESA on Samsung doesn't work as it should?

(BTW, in the meantime I've already updated to the current version of
pxelinux.)

- Dirk