[syslinux] Custom .c32 module which can send tcp or udp packets

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 05:32:10 PDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:56 AM, pxelinux <pxelinux at myserver.ch> wrote:
> I need to write a custom .c32 module which can send information over to a separated service or tftp deamon. The goal is to send inventory information gathered in pxelinux to be transfered back to the inventory database without booting a kernel or os-image.
>
> Is this possible and if so, can you give me a hint how to realise this?

Peter, is it me or is asking about the capability of writing to a
file, remote or local, coming up more often?

The first issue is that you must implement the TFTP PUT in assembly in
pxelinux.asm.  Then, you'd have to utilize it either in a COM32
library call or directly from your COM32 program.  If you don't start
in pxelinux.asm, you'd need to open the network card up yourself.  INT
22h AX=0009h provides access to the PXE stack in the COMBOOT API.

--
-Gene