[syslinux] Inconsistencies between ExtLinux and IsoLinux

Stefan Bucur stefan.bucur at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 12:14:30 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Matthijs ter Woord
<matthijsterwoord at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, I'm new to this mailinglist, so I it's unappropriate to
> report things like this, please tell me so.
>
> I'm trying to get the Summer of Code (see
> http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/GSoC2008_Stefan_Announcements)
> stuff working. I tried the hda.img file, and it works. If i now try to
> make an .iso file from the files on the hda.img image, and try to run
> it with the same virtual machine, i get errors ("Invalid ELF file
> version"). The commandline to make the .iso is as follows:
> mkisofs -R -b isolinux.bin -hard-disk-boot -boot-load-size 4
> -boot-info-table -l -joliet-long -o ../Boot.iso .
> this command is ran from inside the elftest/image folder.
>
> Please let me know what to do to get this issue sorted out.

Hello Matthijs,

Firstly, sorry for the late reply. It has been quite a busy week for
me. I admit I didn't test my code on a ISOLINUX image, as I thought
there would be no differences. It turns out there actually are some
differences :) I will investigate the problem these days and I will
show you here my findings.

Cheers,
Stefan