[syslinux] Syslinux + USB + PE 2.0

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Tue Mar 17 13:33:32 PDT 2009

On Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 20:21:08, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Each OS has its own boot sector.  You typically have to capture the boot
> sector from a bootable version of that particular filesystem.  For some
> OSes, there are also direct ties between the *specific* filesystem
> you're using.

I was answering the part about it being tied to a specific USB stick.
The NT bootsector is of course tied to NT (and there's at least two
versions available, one for FAT, one for NTFS, both of which look for
a file called ntldr [or bootmgr on Vista] to run).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

The most difficult light bulb to replace burns out first and most frequently.
       -- Occam's Electric Razor