[syslinux] Syslinux + USB + PE 2.0

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Wed Mar 18 12:59:36 PDT 2009

On Tuesday, March 17, 2009, 22:12:47, Matthew Holevinski wrote:

> I've actually just distributed my vista bootsector file i made on my
> usb stick the datatraveler 8gb
> and had another fella install everything onto his sandisk 2gb, and it
> worked just fine, so I don't think
> my setup is thumbdrive specific. If so I haven't encountered one it
> hasn't worked on yet.

It was similar here - my boot sector came from 16GB Sandisk pendrive,
but I successfully used it on a 2GB Toshiba, 8GB A-data and a few
others - as long as they were formatted in Windows.

BTW, if you're interested, I also successfully made the CD-ROM portion
of several Sandisk U3 drives bootable (while retaining the U3
functionality).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

A Smith and Wesson beats four aces.