[syslinux] Issue with timeout option?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Wed Mar 18 19:57:33 PDT 2009

Confirmed that the following worked  with 3.73 and before
ONTIMEOUT bz28.7

Tried ESC  to boot: prompt and bz28.7 worked with 3.74pre5
So, it only seems to be with the timeout option. What I eventually found to
work was this with the 3.74pre5.
ONTIMEOUT bz28.7 initrd=ramdisk.gz ramdisk_size=65536 root=/dev/ram0

With that in the isolinux.cfg it will correctly load the timeout kernel..
Since it worked with 3.73 is this a design change or what. Is this because the
label and kernel name are the same?