[syslinux] ROSH: bug or feature

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:28:04 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Kim Mik <kimmik999999 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I just tried if because I wanted to try the Hardware Detection Tool module.
> Testing one extra module, isn't much work so I tried rosh.
>
> The output is pretty ugly right now, but changing this isn't a priority.

I admit, the version you have is very ugly compared to what I have.  I
released it in such an immature state, mostly to show that the
directory-related functions I made in SYSLINUX worked.  It is not
user-friendly but barely usable.

That version is about a month behind what I've been testing with.
'ls' now actually resembles normal 'ls' output (except it is not
sorted, doesn't do multiple columns and is a little more limited).  It
now also accepts command line parameters like '-l', '-F' and '-i'.
The help output is more useful and can provide information for
specific commands.  'more' pays attention to the number of lines (or
rows) and columns the console reports.

I've released at least one patch since then but it has not made its
way into the master branch yet.