[syslinux] HDT: Doesn't work with syslinux

Erwan Velu erwan at seanodes.com
Tue Mar 24 07:15:15 PDT 2009

Kim Mik wrote:
> {...}
> After I press continue, the main menu of HDT is shown.
>
> It seems that HDT doesn't like the extended atribute of the f2 drive.
>
> But when I boot the original HDT from CD, with the external HDD attached,
> HDT doesn't hang.

So for me it sounds like that under some circonstancies, your cdrom
drive (f2) doesn't like int 13h / func 48h.
When it fails, do you have any cdrom in it ? If no, could you make a try
with one  but without booting on it.
Is there any firmware update against this drive ?

> Shouldn't you code also try to detect disk 0xff?
> Change:
>    for (int drive = 0x80; drive < 0xff; drive++) {
> To:
>    for (int drive = 0x80; drive <= 0xff; drive++) {

No because the last valid device is 0xfe.