[syslinux] ROSH: bug or feature

Pierre-Alexandre Meyer pierre at mouraf.org
Tue Mar 24 15:22:43 PDT 2009

On Monday 23 March 2009 à 09:28:04PM, Gene Cumm wrote:
> I've released at least one patch since then but it has not made its
> way into the master branch yet.

FWIW, we have been working with Erwan to improve the CLI of hdt. The new
version will be merged post 3.74 release but you can have a look at my
staging tree:

http://git.zytor.com/?p=users/pam/hdt-pierre.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/for-erwan

Basically, we have adopted a tree-like structure of "modes". Each mode
implements its own callbacks that can operate in what we call "modules" (leaf of a mode).
In each mode, module, ... the syntax is processed via a central parser
(to produce argc, argv).

The core is fairly generic and the structures to declare your callbacks
have nothing to do with hdt.

Maybe we are duplicating efforts here? It would be great if we could
extract a common CLI out of our projects. This is certainly a library
that multiple modules could benefit from.

Thanks,

--
Pierre-Alexandre Meyer