[syslinux] menu.c32 changes the key binding in tera term confusing user

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Mar 24 18:25:07 PDT 2009

John Rouillard wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:33:10PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> John Rouillard wrote:
>>> Now in my terminal emulator, enter is set to send CR+LF.
>> Don't do that.
>
> Sorry, you're missing the point, I didn't do that. My default config
> is CR only.
>
> Typing menu at the boot: prompt did that to tera term. Maybe some ansi
> sequence sent during initalization?

Oh, hum.  Could be.  The ANSI sequence sent during initialization is:

	\033e\033%@\033)0\033(B\033[?25l\033[2J

The \033e looks like a bug; it probably should have been \033c (reset
terminal).   It might be that that is what is biting you?  You could
change that on line 352 of com32/menu/menumain.c.

\033%@\033)0\033(B sets the character set (IBM CP 437), and \033[?25l
turns off the visible cursor.

On exit it sends:

	\033[?25h