[syslinux] BIOS bug? USB + "Missing operating system"

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 08:22:37 PDT 2009

Plug in the USB drive then go to the bios see if you have the USB
stick listed as a regular hard drive to boot from. The Missing
Operating system message was what I was getting when I wrote in about
one of my computers. If you can choose it as a regular hard drive see
if that works. Some BIOS's like to claim USB drives as regular hard
drives. Which make it a bitch to choose as a removable media like I'd
want to.