[syslinux] Need help trying out new mboot.c32

Sebastian Herbszt herbszt at gmx.de
Fri May 1 11:12:00 PDT 2009

Geert Stappers wrote:
> Op 20090429 om 21:04 schreef Sebastian Herbszt:
>> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>>> Okay, I think I've figured it out (and this explains the TBOOT problem
>>> too): Grub's definition of "the command line" includes the kernel/module
>>> filenames.  This isn't explicit in the spec, but it looks like tboot,
>>> and newer versions of Xen, skip to the first whitespace before parsing
>>> the command line.
>>>
>>> I have pushed out 3.80-pre3 with this fix.
>>
>> Looks good now. Thanks.
>>
>> (XEN) Command line: palim palom noreboot acpi=off apic=debug console=vga,com1 com1=115200
>
> What was it in 'syslinux.cfg'?
> Perticular, where were the triple dashes, ---, placed?
>

> Geert Stappers
> Asking for http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/Mboot.c32#Xen_example

label xen331-com1
  kernel mboot.c32
  append xen-dbg-3.3.1_18494_03-1.8.gz palim palom noreboot acpi=off apic=debug console=vga,com1 com1=115200 ---
vmlinuz-2.6.22.5-31-xen.gz

"palim palom" are dummies and not real xen arguments. This example is also missing a "root=/dev/sda1" argument for the
dom0 kernel.

- Sebastian