[syslinux] Loading ELF dynamic modules

Chad Z. Hower Chad at Hower.org
Sun May 10 12:36:23 PDT 2009

Ive seen the GSOC 2008 mod for allowing dynamic loading of ELF modules
and it fits exactly what we need.

1) It mentions it will be part of syslinux 4. Is there an estimated
release for syslinux 4?

2) The docs are amazingly sparse. Aside from one partial usage note,
there appear to be no text files, man pages, html.. nothing. Only thing
I could find was looking in source at the print_help function, and its
not much either.

3) The one dev note I did find mentioned load order. That is if you have
two modules, a and b and b depends on a, you have to load a before b.
However we have a situation in which a and b both depend on each other
and unfortunately it is not practical to resolve this issue.

Is this limitation still existent in this mod? If so, I guess we will
need to look into adding this functionality of resolving circular
references during loading.