[syslinux] Loading ELF dynamic modules

Chad Z. Hower Chad at Hower.org
Sun May 10 15:27:45 PDT 2009

Chad Z. Hower wrote:
> 3) The one dev note I did find mentioned load order. That is if you have
> two modules, a and b and b depends on a, you have to load a before b.
> However we have a situation in which a and b both depend on each other
> and unfortunately it is not practical to resolve this issue.
>
> Is this limitation still existent in this mod? If so, I guess we will
> need to look into adding this functionality of resolving circular
> references during loading.

To answer my own question after spending quite a bit of time digging
through source - Yes its still there

Its fairly easy to resolve. Now to see if I can get it building on
Windows which I expect will take me longer than applying the change...

I've sent a mail to the author to see if he wants the change checked in
or not. If not anyone is welcome to it if its useful of course.