[syslinux] Chain loading hard disk with gPXELinux

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed May 13 09:37:07 PDT 2009

Tim Franssen wrote:

> In both cases the last line disappears after about a second and after that
> nothing else happens. I know the subnets and the MAC addresses differ but
> both runs are done on the same VirtualBox "hardware". The first boots over
> our test server, the second over a VM with the same software.

This looks like it might be a problem with the VirtualBox BIOS.  In
particular, if either the VB BIOS doesn't handle a BEV return, or it
relies on the old INT 19h hooking (and then doesn't handle INT 18h
properly) things would go wonky.

You're cutting out any messages from the booting PXE stack, so I have no
idea what that would be.