[syslinux] The "core32" development branch

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu May 14 19:11:20 PDT 2009

Well, there is now a development branch in the git repository, which
contains the infrastructure needed for rewriting the core in C.  As an
initial test case it simply contains a "Hello, World!" and a rewrite of
rllpack in C.

This is not production code in any way: SYSLINUX (the FAT version) is
completely broken (I haven't had time to fix the installers yet) and the
Linux kernel loader (as opposed to linux.c32) seems to have problems.

Together with liu and Claudiu's work this summer, and eventually
Stefan's from last year, this should be a major step towards a clean core.