[syslinux] GSOC 2008 ELF Loader

Chad Z. Hower Chad at Hower.org
Sat May 16 12:13:37 PDT 2009

Chad Z. Hower wrote:
> http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/GSoC2008_Stefan_Announcements
>
> Has anyone used this successfully? I've spent days messing around with
> it. It has nearly a total lack of documentation and even after scanning
> source I've not had much luck.
>
> I've finally gotten it to load up, but even specifying its own test
> programs I get:
> Invalid ELF file version

Like magic, after sending this message I got past this. Unfortunately
now I'm finding that the few bits and pieces of docs in the author's
initial notes are completely invalid in the current source (by both
failing and looking at source).

Can anyone assist with the append command? I have this in a cfg for
isolinix.

default cosmos
label cosmos
kernel test_com
append load sort.dyn
append spawn hello.dyn

prompt 0

It loads, but totally ignores the appends. If I type them in by hand,
all works ok. test_com is the gsco2008 program and it reads from stdin.
Is my understanding that append will feed stdin incorrect? Do I need to
specify /n ? Put in quotes? Something else?