[syslinux] GSOC 2008 ELF Loader

Chad Z. Hower Chad at Hower.org
Sat May 16 14:30:29 PDT 2009

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> It might be a bit useful to know what it is you're trying to do.  The

Initially just load the demo elf files that come with it.

> GSoC code from last year is obviously not in its final form (it's meant
> to be integrated into the Syslinux core, which might happen as early as
> as later this year if all the stars align.)  Are you simply trying to
> test it out and experiment, or are you looking for a specific application?

Experiment first, then modify to make it more robust. Its current form I
think is actually unusable in a live environment and only a proof of
concept it seems.

> As far as "append" is concerned, at least in stock Syslinux code there
> is only support for a single "append"; a later one will override the
> first one.

Append passes the items in as command line or as stdin input? I assumed
as command line params, but the current code totally ignores argc/v and
only takes stdin input. If I'm correct then - it cant actually be used
except interactively in its current state.