[syslinux] GSOC 2008 ELF Loader

Chad Z. Hower Chad at Hower.org
Sun May 17 02:03:18 PDT 2009

Stefan Bucur wrote:
> I'm Stefan Bucur, the last year's GSoC student who wrote ELF loading
> support for SYSLINUX. As you correctly noticed, the COM32 module that
> enables this functionality is not useful in its current form. It was
> designed as a simple testing platform (for development purposes), and
> as a show-case application that would show a successful use of the ELF

I think maybe a note to this effect on the project page would save
people a lot of trouble... :)

> If you need more assistance with that, please let us know.

Ive hacked it now to read the command line, and next I have to add
delayed resolution of imports so it can handle circular references.

What IDE/setup are you using on Linux? Editing in an editor and then
swapping out to a shell to run make Im finding very inefficient. Did you
  use any decent IDE for this?