[syslinux] Syslinux.exe 64 bits Windows

MILI Nadia MILINA at e-i.com
Mon May 18 01:54:16 PDT 2009

Hello

I'm working around creating a Linux installer kit, allowing the

automatization of Linux servers. The same for Windows already exists in

the company, based on CD WinPE Vista 32/64 bits.

I'd like to install a Linux server via WinPE, but I've some problem in

64 bits to understand, and which for you might help me:

Trying to install a Linux via WinPE, I boot on WinPe Vista 32bits, build

a FAT32 formatted partition, and install "syslinux.exe".  At the reboot,

the Linux installation runs. There are no problem to install a Linux 32

bits via a Winpe Vista 32 bits.

The main question is booting on Vista64, the syslinux.exe isn't recognized.

I'm thinking that comes from WinPE Vista 64bits not being a x86

emulator, it's then impossible to run a 32bits process.

I didn't find any syslinux.exe version in 64 bits.

Is somewhere an existing version of syslinux.exe I version 64 bits ?

If not exists, is it possible to compile it in 64 bits mode, and with

which tool ?

Thank you and best regards

Nadia.

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive
de son ou ses destinataires. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir
immédiatement l'émetteur et de détruire le message. Toute modification, édition, utilisation ou
diffusion non autorisée est interdite. L'émetteur décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce
message s'il a été modifié, déformé, falsifié, infecté par un virus ou encore édité ou diffusé
sans autorisation.

This message and any attachments are confidential and intended for the named addressee(s) only.
If you have received this message in error, please notify immediately the sender, then delete
the message. Any unauthorized modification, edition, use or dissemination is prohibited.
The sender does not be liable for this message if it has been modified, altered, falsified,
infected by a virus or even edited or disseminated without authorization.