[syslinux] Syslinux.exe 64 bits Windows

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Tue May 19 14:53:05 PDT 2009

On Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 21:50:31, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> That may very well be, like perhaps the 32-bit MSVCRT.DLL (Windows'
> equivalent to libc).

Unless WOW64 (32bit subsytem) is omitted from PE completely, I doubt
it - the executables, shipped with the system still link to msvcrt.dll
on Vista (both 32-bit and 64-bit ones), and not to any of the newer MS
CRTs.

That said, I compiled syslinux.exe with the experimental x86_64 mingw,
the result is here:
<http://eternallybored.org/misc/syslinux-3.80-win64-exeonly.zip>

I tested it with an USB drive on my computer, and it seems to work,
but as usual, there are no guarantees. The only change in the source
was to comment out _STORAGE_DEVICE_NUMBER, as my headers seem to
already include it.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Any experiment is reproducible until another laboratory tries to repeat it.
       -- Kohn's Second Law