[syslinux] Booting firmware harddisk image with memdisk fails

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Sat May 23 04:33:18 PDT 2009

On Friday, May 22, 2009, 11:10:38, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Then I added memdisk using this image as initrd to my grub, rebooted and it
> boots into PC DOS and then freezes (ctrl-alt-del still works to reboot the
> system).

I noticed that PC-DOS freezes on some systems when booted with
memdisk, too (and btw, this has happened at least since
syslinux/memdisk 2.13).

I suggest you try to create another bootable disk with a different
brand of DOS, and copy the files for firmware flashing from your
existing disk, it'll probably work then.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance.
       -- (Sam) Brown's Law