[syslinux] PXEboot trouble with Soekris 4826

Miller, Shao Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Sun May 24 07:57:54 PDT 2009

Good day Sritej,

In regards to your PXE-booting challenge, I have a few thoughts:
- I don't see a problem with using just "pxelinux.0" in your dhcpd.conf
file; it's probably the right thing to do
- I wonder if you actually manage to download PXELINUX and see it report
anything.  I'm not clear on if you were saying that your challenge
disappears if you use the DHCP filename response "pxelinux.0"
- Tools like tcpdump and Wireshark can help to see exactly what's
happening on the network, and may be revealing
- /tftpboot/ filesystem permissions might be worth checking
- Manually using a TFTP client (Linux/BSD/Windows/DOS) and attempting to
download from your TFTP service can be a good test for TFTP
functionality

I hope some of these thoughts help you out!

- Shao Miller