[syslinux] Time to set a coding style for Syslinux?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sun May 24 15:24:00 PDT 2009

Given the number of people that are starting to be involved in Syslinux
development, I wanted to start a discussion about a common coding style,
for C code in particular.

Currently, a lot of the code in Syslinux is written in different styles,
partly because my own style has changed over the years.

There are pretty much two alternatives that I think are realistic:

a) Linux kernel coding style:

   http://tinyurl.com/kernelstyle

b) Same as the Linux kernel style, but with 4 spaces instead of 8.
   Although I like Linus' style in most parts, I do think 8 spaces is
   somewhat excessive.

   This is the style we use for the Netwide Assembler, NASM.

I would like to do one "flag day" cutover of all the code, so I would
appreciate your input.