[syslinux] Booting firmware harddisk image with memdisk fails

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Sun May 24 15:52:13 PDT 2009

On Sunday, May 24, 2009, 14:56:08, Dag Wieers wrote:

> The harddisk image I am testing comes from the type 4 eltorito ISO at:

Check if the Hitachi Drive Fitness Test image exhibits the same
problem for you:

<http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#DFT>

The DFT floppy image from that page freezes when booted with memdisk
on some computers for me, while working fine on others. I could never
find any pattern in these freezes (except that it most commonly
doesn't work on HP machines).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

A falling body always rolls to the most inaccessible spot.
       -- Bernstein's Second Law