[syslinux] Booting firmware harddisk image with memdisk fails

colimit at gmail.com colimit at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:53:03 PDT 2009

> I can only conclude that it has to do with a BIOS option or hardware
> configuration that triggers a bug in memdisk. I went over a lot of BIOS
> options, and changed some options that should not have any impact, to
> no avail.
>
> Peter, do you have anything worthwhile to add that I can test ?
>
> The harddisk image I am testing comes from the type 4 eltorito ISO at:
>
> 	http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-70348.html
>
> and can be extracted either with the isobar utility or with a patched
> geteltorito script. (both come packaged with RPMforge)

hi, I am the guy who made that isobar/geteltorito patch. Since you have
an ultrabase, I assume that you've also decided not to go cheap with a
regular harddrive and bought an SSD for your X200s. Did you try to put a
regular SATA harddrive, and setting AHCI mode on/off in BIOS (I have it
"On")? May be memdisk's hijacked INT13h has problems with accessing SSD?