[syslinux] Syslinux 3.81-pre14... hopefully final this time

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Tue May 26 10:23:11 PDT 2009

Hi,

> The MBR is code is already MIT-licensed,

Ok. That eases the licenses woes.

> I also think it's rather ugly to have a C
> library call out to a Perl script.

On the first glimpse: yes, of course.
That's why i ported isohybrid 3.72 with its
MBR code to C and bugged you for a license
that will not hamper future libisofs licensing.

But i am obviously not apt to maintain that
port. I flatly missed the MBR changes up
to 3.80. I have to ask about the meaning of
any little code change in the perl script.

E.g. this question: is isohybrid independent of
the ISOLINUX version of the boot image ?
What happens if isohybrid 3.72 combines its
old MBR with a boot image from 3.81 ?
Would that boot ?

I have to apologize for my stubbornness.

The reason why i strive for isohybrid support in
libisofs is the fact that libisofs can do it on
the fly. It is technically appealing not to need
a random access buffer for the whole image.

Any advise on this problem is welcome.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas