[syslinux] Menus, choices and optional parameters

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu May 28 07:57:30 PDT 2009

Luis.F.Correia wrote:

> My intention is starting up with the code from vesamenu (which is pretty),
> and add all needed code.
>
> But I've now seen that the menu code from Murali and the vesa have different
> structures.

Yes, they are completely different.

One of the things I'd like to see is complex menu switched to using the
com32 console subsystem (which would mean running it on top of the vesa
console should work, too) instead of raw BIOS calls.

> Although it shouldn't be that hard to do, should I create a new folder under
> com32 and copy all files from there, adjusting what I need or do you have a
> better suggestion?

For your own purposes, that should work... if you're intending to push
something upstream there needs to be a use case as well as some serious
architecture discussion.

> On a related subject, are there any funcions to manipulate the append line
> that is passed?

Not for simple menu.