[syslinux] help.

Kim Mik kimmik999999 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 31 16:36:32 PDT 2009

----- Original Message ----

From: Jernej Simončič <jernej.listsonly at ena.si>
To: syslinux at zytor.com
Sent: Wednesday, 27 May, 2009 18:41:15
Subject: Re: [syslinux] help.

On Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 17:29:24, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Go ahead and try a windows95 or windows98 boot floppy. Or on old MSDOS
> floppy.

Confirmed. Looks like this is a different problem from the one I was
usually seeing (where only PC-DOS would hang). On this machine, every
DOS-based floppy I tried hangs. FreeDOS gives most information, it
hangs after InitDisk, and one of the FreeDOS-based disk test floppy
images also reports "Invalid Opcode at 0003 0001 0202 0000 0002 0001
1000 FEE0 0000 0000 0000":
http://eternallybored.org/imgs/pub/memdiskhang.jpg

Also, this only happens when booting off USB. When I booted from CD
with isolinux and memdisk, the floppy images worked just fine.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

At least for FreeDOS, adding "raw" to the APPEND line helps for me and a lot of other people.

See: http://syslinux.zytor.com/archives/files/2009-March/011854.html

Gert Hulselmans