[syslinux] .ERROR: idle with IF=0 with 3.81 syslinux update.

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sun May 31 17:59:18 PDT 2009

On 31 May 2009 at 10:42, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

Date sent:	Sun, 31 May 2009 10:42:20 -0700
From:	"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com>
To:	"Michael D. Setzer II" <mikes at kuentos.guam.net>
Copies to:	For discussion of Syslinux and tftp-hpa <syslinux at zytor.com>
Subject:	Re: [syslinux] .ERROR: idle with IF=0 with 3.81 syslinux update.

> Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> > The patch seems to have solved the problem. I was able to make the change
> > and rebuilt the isolinux.bin and rebuilt the cd image, and this time it booted
> > without the error message,  so that seems to have fixed it.
> >
> > The system is a MSI - 6728 motherboard with an P4 2.8Ghz with
> > hyperthreading CPU.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Would you also be able to test the attached patch?  It's a more specific
> version of the same patch, and should let me confirm more solidly what
> the exact issue is.
>
> 	-hpa

Applied the new patch against the original isolinux.asm, and it also
elimanates the error message.

> --
> H. Peter Anvin, Intel Open Source Technology Center
> I work for Intel.  I don't speak on their behalf.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI 7,896,968.5975 | EINSTEIN 2,569,741.4109 | ROSETTA
944,822.9588