[syslinux] syslinux installation issues

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Nov 11 16:08:14 PST 2009

On 11/11/2009 03:51 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 11/11/2009 10:35 AM, Bernd Blaauw wrote:
>>
>> msdos 7.10 , C: (fat32) exists, not formatted: "sector read error" (not
>         ^^^^
>
> Just had a really bad thinko on my part... I coded 7.10 as 0x0710, but
> it's of course 0x070a.
>
> Could you try the attached patch?
>
> Precompiled binary at:
> http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/syslinux/syslinux.com

After thinking about it some more, I opted for the "always try the new
call first, and try the old one if the new one fails."  This is
reasonably safe to do under DOS (as opposed to the BIOS), as DOS will
return a reliable "not implemented" error code.

I have updated the precompiled binary; the actual source is in my git tree.